HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Transportation & Infrastructure

Old Posted Oct 5, 2018, 11:10 AM

Par for the course.

Don't need merge if Riverside was 4 lanes from Sanatorium Rd to Wharncliffe. Springbank 4 lanes west to Byron.

Badly designed roads. Bottlenecks and choke points all over the city. 4 lanes to 2 lanes back to 4 lanes. Left hand turn lanes without advanced signal lights. Left hand turn lanes that are blind and down right dangerous due to horrible design.

Wasting money by digging up roads and rebuilding infrastructure back to the previous design when you had the opportunity to build it better while you had the shovel in the ground.

City engineering and transportation dept can and must do better. City Council needs members who understand this and support it.

Old Posted Nov 19, 2018, 11:34 PM

A large swath of paving was done today. The north side of the roadway was paved all the way back past Campbell St. I don't imagine the top layer will be done until spring, so I wonder how much longer until this all opens back up now.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2018, 5:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djeffery View Post
A large swath of paving was done today. The north side of the roadway was paved all the way back past Campbell St. I don't imagine the top layer will be done until spring, so I wonder how much longer until this all opens back up now.
Between this and the work on wharncliffe/wonderland the workers seem to be in slow motion.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2018, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSlippery519 View Post
Between this and the work on wharncliffe/wonderland the workers seem to be in slow motion.
For sure, the Wharncliffe/Wonderland mess is crazy how long that's taking. The Lambeth one hasn't seemed as long to me, but maybe that's just because I'm looking at how long other projects seem to be dragging on for, and Lambeth started later in the spring I think.

Old Posted Nov 26, 2018, 10:34 PM

Noticed on the weekend that the lanes have been painted. Looks like they are using the north side of the road as a staging area to finish off the boulevards and driveways along there. Getting closer.

Also in the area, it seems that Wonderland and Exeter is open back up. I went down Wonderland on the weekend and they had all 4 lanes open going through Wharncliffe. Also tonight coming home, I usually come up Wonderland off the 402 and cut down the side road to Lambeth, and I noticed that traffic on Wonderland going north to Exeter was moving normally and not very backed up, where it's been backed up past that side road the last several months.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2018, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Also in the area, it seems that Wonderland and Exeter is open back up. I went down Wonderland on the weekend and they had all 4 lanes open going through Wharncliffe. Also tonight coming home, I usually come up Wonderland off the 402 and cut down the side road to Lambeth, and I noticed that traffic on Wonderland going north to Exeter was moving normally and not very backed up, where it's been backed up past that side road the last several months.
Was through here again today. I really wish they had cleaned up the lane markings. There are still the temporary lines from the construction along with the new lines, along with old turn lane arrows in the now straight through lanes. Southbound, I saw 2 lanes of people trying to turn left onto Wharncliffe because there is a new turning lane and the old turning lane still with it's arrow in what is now the left of the 2 straight through southbound lanes. I also really hope the plan is to repave Wonderland next year from Bradley down past Exeter.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2018, 10:03 PM

Didn't go through Lambeth today but the radio reported it's back open now.

Old Posted Dec 8, 2018, 2:16 AM

Quote:
Didn't go through Lambeth today but the radio reported it's back open now.
About time lol! I just drove past there yesterday and it was still only one lane, so glad to see it at least open again.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Transportation & Infrastructure