HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Today, 10:23 AM
I ♣ Baby Seals

First bike ride out for brunch at my parents this year. Summer!

Mudder's homemade coconut chickpea curry is always worth the trip.

EDIT: Filmed (and sped up, obviously) the entire ride downhill from my parents' place to Harbourside Park. Delicious!

Video Link

Last edited by SignalHillHiker; Today at 1:41 PM.

Old Posted Today, 12:14 PM
I ♣ Baby Seals

Oops, started a new page (sorry, just got home and only now noticed). Bump!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcminsen View Post
Summery.

Saturday's high at Vancouver Harbour was 25 C, the low was 12 C.

Canada Place, Downtown Vancouver, June 8 '24, my pics

Old Posted Today, 1:09 PM

Friday by my kid's school. Some nice puffy marshmallow looking mushrooms appeared after earlier rain. Just too tempting to not squish them.

Saw this on tiktok from fans departing the track for Canadian GP. Not sure if it was Friday or Saturday. At least most were prepared. I recall one year in the mid to late 90's I went and it was like 10 degrees, but windy, so in the stands where we were sitting it was like 5. I actually had a windbreaker, but it was not enough. The three of us were so cold. One of those experiences where you learn a valuable lesson. Except that was short lived. Around circa 2004 I went up to North Bay labour day weekend and it was like 10 up there. Woefully unprepared. Who knew 5 hours north would have different weather? And the four of us rented a canoe to fish on Lake Nippissing and we were not only cold, we didn't even have life jackets. Damn, we were stupid.

https://www.tiktok.com/@zigsaggy/vid...40522066873606

This weekend is not summer-like. Left home at around 10 Saturday and it was decent for morning. Got to north Markham for a party and all till 6 it was on and off a little chilly. I had a polo shirt on. I managed since I was constantly moving around but if I had brought a long sleeve I would have thrown it on. But the T20 Cricket World Cup is going on so I forced myself to wear a team polo shirt/jersey and I said I will live and die by that shirt. Euros are starting on Friday and I'll be continuously wearing jerseys for a while.

Summer doesn't really hit again until Wednesday. I keep meaning to bring out the lemonade stand I built last year but that only feels appropriate when it's proper hot outside. My lemonade business is suffering. I mean, it always was since my kids were giving it away for free on top of the overheard costs of plastic cups and unpaid labour.

Last edited by megadude; Today at 1:28 PM.

Old Posted Today, 1:29 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Mushroom genocide!!

16C and cloudy in Moncton at 10 AM, going up to 22C this afternoon with showers and thundershowers.

Old Posted Today, 1:59 PM

Beauty morning. There was a big wall of fog hanging out over the lake but it dissipated within the short time I was there. Some was also rolling onto the shore.

Not from the exact same spot, but you can see the fog diminishing

Old Posted Today, 3:11 PM
I stand with UKRAINE

Very interesting! For us Italians, brunch is one of the strangest Anglo-Saxon dietary habits. In Italy we have breakfast early in the morning, before going to school or work: only sweet food (in Italy savory food for breakfast is a taboo that's hard to break ) and consists of coffee (some people who have little time available they only drink coffee), milk, biscuits (sometimes oatmeal) or rusks. After breakfast there is only lunch around 1.30pm (in some regions of Italy, especially in the North, a little earlier in others a little later, especially in the South), with pasta or rice, meat or fish accompanied by bread and vegetables, fruit or sweets. In reality, in recent years lunch is consumed more and more frequently outside the home, in restaurants, pubs and consists of fast street food. Some people, especially children, also have a snack in the afternoon, normally sweet food like at breakfast and consisting of croissants, sandwiches with Nutella etc. Some people who are away from home eat ice cream or a small dessert. Then there is the evening dinner, around 8 pm (in the Northern regions even at 7 pm, in the Southern regions even at 9 pm), which is perhaps becoming the main meal of the day and which often replaces lunch (but many people prefer to eat outside the home, in restaurants, pizzerias, etc.). But brunch is a really strange meal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SignalHillHiker View Post
First bike ride out for brunch at my parents this year. Summer!

Mudder's homemade coconut chickpea curry is always worth the trip.

]

Old Posted Today, 4:02 PM
I ♣ Baby Seals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tancredi View Post
Very interesting! For us Italians, brunch is one of the strangest Anglo-Saxon dietary habits. In Italy we have breakfast early in the morning, before going to school or work: only sweet food (in Italy savory food for breakfast is a taboo that's hard to break ) and consists of coffee (some people who have little time available they only drink coffee), milk, biscuits (sometimes oatmeal) or rusks. After breakfast there is only lunch around 1.30pm (in some regions of Italy, especially in the North, a little earlier in others a little later, especially in the South), with pasta or rice, meat or fish accompanied by bread and vegetables, fruit or sweets. In reality, in recent years lunch is consumed more and more frequently outside the home, in restaurants, pubs and consists of fast street food. Some people, especially children, also have a snack in the afternoon, normally sweet food like at breakfast and consisting of croissants, sandwiches with Nutella etc. Some people who are away from home eat ice cream or a small dessert. Then there is the evening dinner, around 8 pm (in the Northern regions even at 7 pm, in the Southern regions even at 9 pm), which is perhaps becoming the main meal of the day and which often replaces lunch (but many people prefer to eat outside the home, in restaurants, pizzerias, etc.). But brunch is a really strange meal
Fascinating.

This morning it was really breakfast (Mom was up early so my parents texted and told me to come on, that was probably a bit before 7 a.m. lol), though I won't eat again until supper time so technically still brunch, really.

We normally would eat around 10 a.m., and then a little snack or something around 1 p.m., and then eat again around 4:30 p.m. It was excruciating in Spain waiting until 10-11 p.m. for supper

The types of meals here include the same as everywhere else in North America. The only real difference is traditional foods, like toutons for brunch, etc. And then, in my family at least, we'll often have leftovers for breakfast the next day. It's definitely more often savoury than sweet for the first meal of the day, though we dip toutons in molasses, and breakfast cakes are popular if you're eating out.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada