HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton

Old Posted May 23, 2024, 3:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LO 044 View Post
^To be honest I think there's now two of you drinking the Kool-Aid.

There are no guarantees that AMS flights are transitioning to other hubs sooner or later. There are so many options solving AMS supposed congestion like using larger aircraft, eliminating flights from AMS to cities within two hours, moving sun flights from AMS to RTM. Everything is before the courts and the EU generally favors competition. The EU has already ruled against lowering traffic at AMS and favored with the airlines including KLM. If you move aircraft to other airports, you are moving the congestion, noise and pollution to other airports so you're just imposing the negative effects on others and last time I checked the EU is one big country.

From comparing the 2 airports strictly myself it looks like AMS has more connection options than CDG. I personally would take AMS over CDG any day. FRA is finishing up on a new terminal so BRU will be no game changer anytime soon. CPH has too much backtracking for it to be a premier hub but that's my opinion only.

That's the point. It won't get more profitable traffic from YEG. We haven't even got Icelandair back. Condor is really a niche route with only 2 flights per week for the summer. KL relies more on economy traffic than business traffic like say BA so I think they work out here. Let's hope that KL flights to AMS remain. I think their African network is a bit of distinguisher from others and the amount of destinations KL has in Europe is very competitive to someone like LH and SK. AF and BA seem to only connect to premier type destinations/capital cities. AF will fly to YYC faster than YEG and compete head on with WS.
I don't think you get my point...But you can do the research. AMS will become very restricted eventually and this has nothing to do with EU regulations. The people of AMS are against expanding AMS. In fact, they want the government to shrink its size.

Ultimately, for AF/KL future growth will have to rely on other hubs. Not suggesting this will happen tomorrow, but they are even exploring Tap Portugal as another acquisition to mitigate risk.

Old Posted May 23, 2024, 9:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calfan12 View Post
WestJet is making new YEG - Atlanta (ATL) US route year round.

For winter 2024 ,YEG - Ottawa (YOW) operates 5x weekly & YEG to Montreal (YUL) 4x weekly.

https://www.westjet.com/en-ca/news/2...as-canada-s-le
Now for SLC, NYC, DET and BOS..

Old Posted May 23, 2024, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilCity98 View Post
I wonder if JFK would ever be a possibility. ORD has to be coming back eventually, either on UA/AA.

Old Posted May 24, 2024, 5:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hehehe View Post
I wonder if JFK would ever be a possibility. ORD has to be coming back eventually, either on UA/AA.
Was thinking of the Delta hubs Westjet seems to be feeding. How have MSP, ATL and SEA been performing? Would think SLC would be next.

Old Posted May 24, 2024, 7:08 AM
Scam Artist

Quote:
How have MSP, ATL and SEA been performing? Would think SLC would be next.
MSP has been good from the start. SEA is fine. Bit early to say much about ATL but with no IAH or DFW flight from YEG I guarantee it will be fine.

Old Posted May 24, 2024, 9:32 PM

Quote:
Not sure why Delta would ever put a daily to Salr Lake. I don’t see the traffic. To Seattle sure but Salt Lake nope.

Old Posted May 24, 2024, 9:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmTrekker View Post
Not sure why Delta would ever put a daily to Salr Lake. I don’t see the traffic. To Seattle sure but Salt Lake nope.
Connections

Old Posted Yesterday, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmariner View Post
Connections
Would rather increased frequency to MSP and SEA then cannibalize both by adding SLC

Old Posted Yesterday, 12:27 AM
Community Guy

^exactly. Upgauge or another flight per day would be far more beneficial.

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Yesterday, 1:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touch go View Post
Would rather increased frequency to MSP and SEA then cannibalize both by adding SLC
If I was connecting anywhere but the west coast of the USA I’d avoid SEA as a connection point. Why connect west if you’re going east. SLC has great connections for the continental US. I’d use them or MSP myself if Delta was the choice airline

Old Posted Yesterday, 4:36 AM

I feel like I remember Delta 727's flying YEG-SLC in years past. Mind you I also remember Northwest DC9's and 320's flying YEG-MSP as well. I tried looking up SLC in terms of ranking of Delta's hubs but couldn't find anything definitive. Looks like ATL is the largest followed by MSP and DTW and then the rest. Not sure if we'll ever get the SLC flight back.

Old Posted Yesterday, 4:26 PM
Scam Artist

Quote:
If I was connecting anywhere but the west coast of the USA I’d avoid SEA as a connection point.
A significant number of people on YEG-SEA connect onto Asia and Hawaii. Let me know how that would go AT SLC.

Old Posted Yesterday, 5:44 PM

Quote:
If I was connecting anywhere but the west coast of the USA I’d avoid SEA as a connection point. Why connect west if you’re going east. SLC has great connections for the continental US. I’d use them or MSP myself if Delta was the choice airline
So what doesn't MSP connect to that would make SLC better?

Old Posted Yesterday, 6:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace.yyc View Post
A significant number of people on YEG-SEA connect onto Asia and Hawaii. Let me know how that would go AT SLC.
If the service to Sea does well would Westjet consider upgrading to 737 from Q400?

Old Posted Yesterday, 7:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace.yyc View Post
I know you’re the almighty of knowing everything… but I do believe Hawaii and Asian destinations are to the west. Sorry for speaking without asking your permission 🤦♂️☝️🤔

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton