View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 15, 2012, 2:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakamesalad View Post
And this is why San Francisco annoys me. The little village that could(n't).
I don't think many people really care about skyscraper height dick-measuring contests (everyone would lose to China and Dubai anyways). LA has had the tallest building on the west coast for decades now, it's not like SF's pride will be hurt or something if that continues. Also, I'm not sure why you think peanut gallery's opinion is that of all San Franciscans...not that his opinion even sounds like a "little village" opinion.

SF has dozens of high rises under construction, approved and proposed right now, which doesn't quite sound like a little village to me...and 10-20 years ago a 1,070' tower would have been unthinkable. So really it's more like the little village big city that can (finally!!). Not to mention the plan has always been to build a tall skyscraper, not the tallest skyscraper on the west coast.

Anyway, here have a nice rendering of the Transbay tower and the other towers proposed for the Transbay and Rincon hill redevelopment areas:

source: http://mission.sfgov.org/OCA_BID_ATT...TS/FA26000.pdf

That sure looks like the type of development you see in a little village that can't!