View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 24, 2008, 10:55 PM
No grabbing my banana!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphireblueeyes View Post
These newer [not buildings] works of Art, these Masterpieces have gained my total admiration and astonishment. So Long Ugly Black Boxes of straight lines and Simpler is Better-I hope your metal and glass rots in Hell. Today's Architects and their work fascinate me. These are Breathtaking pictures and renderings. Thank You for sharing.

-Goodbye Norma Mies, you're a rotting piece of metal eating dust...
You're really being rough on Mies. I, like CGII, find his building quite harmonious and beautiful. He had a real eye and penchant for detail, buildings all look fleshed-out and well thought out.

But I have to partially agree with you here, but with a different view on it. My problem is not with Mies' work, but with the successor architects who wanted to create box buildings as well. But their buildings all look half-assed and generic, without a glint of soul. Walk up to the Seagram Building, and then walk up to those Modernist boxes that dot Sixth Avenue in NYC. Notice the difference in their designs.

That's my opinion anyway.