View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 12, 2014, 1:45 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
This is hardly any great big revelation. That half block site was always slated for 2.5 msf except now we find out that Sherwood did not own that whole site like we were all lead to believe.

That rendering is just what could be built in theory and we all know how those tend to end up. Let's not get too excited here fellas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dac150 View Post
Certainly ambitious, though keep in mind the key and reoccurring word is 'could'. Curious to see how this pans out.

Obviously, it's just an idea. The building was always going to be tall, sure. But when was the last time you saw a piece of real estate being marketed as a possible home for New York City's tallest? I don't recall ever seeing that, or it at least being publicly known. I think it's at least being marketed that way for a reason, to be attractive enough to the right buyer who just might want to have a site where such a tower could be built. Let's face it, they're not all over the place. I can even see Sherwood staying on as a partner with a new developer to build such a thing. And it's not inconceivable that the concept is something they had already given thought to.

The Hudson Yards is the future of New York, it's pretty much all new, all the time. In other parts of Manhattan, the new integrates with the old. But I can at least see someone wanting to make a splash here. And I say why not, go for it. Of course, that doesn't mean anyone will. But is Manhattan attractive enough now for such a thing to become possible? Most certainly.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.