View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 13, 2017, 4:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nook View Post
Saskatoon supports the Blades, but I don't think a lot of die hard fans necessarily enjoy the direction the team is going under the current owners. Owner has his son running the team as GM... His son has had zero experience in hockey operations before his dad bought the club. Nepotism is rarely good in sports.

But I've heard from a few people (though the Blades will deny it) that the organization is very much for sale. I've heard other people mention that they Rush may be interested in buying the team, but the Priestners and Bruce Urban are business rivals in Edmonton. Hence why you've never seen any real cross-promotions between the two clubs even though they share the same arena.

But as for the Sasktel Centre, we're rapidly approaching the point where I think we're going to start missing concerts because of the aging facility. The city will have to decide whether they build new or renovate. It will be interesting to see what effect the North Bridge will have on travel times to and from the Sasktel Centre. I've begun taking Marquis all the way to Arthur Rose Drive and down Warman road and it's way quicker than any other route during Rush games.

I should say that I am disappoint so far with the City of Saskatoon that there are so few "park and ride" options to get to and from Rush games. I'd park at Preston Crossing (or other malls) and take a "Lacrosse Express" to the Sasktel Centre for a couple of bucks. They do it in Regina for Rider games. Works pretty well. Why not here? Promote your bus service.

because people here prefer to drive themselves everywhere. im guilty of it myself, not intentionally but it just happens. 6 of us go to the rush game or some pub/place to eat, we all drive in seperate cars, depending on the friend, ill pick them up or vise versa, but even some of my friends/acquaintances, its still " ill meet you there" type talk.

speaking for sasktel centre-- if we used the school busses that we used for garth brooks last summer, id utilize that also. or implement some park and ride system.

people here are just lazy altogether ( not pointing at you folks ). no one wants to walk/ride bikes/transit except a tiny fraction because its too hard or far our city was and will forever be built on driving cars, its not changing anytime soon