View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 2, 2019, 4:55 PM
There is always a way

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarryEllice View Post
Oh come on, you know what I mean: if you're a student you have no choice but to have a u-pass, so it's effectively "free" to hop on a bus anytime you like (i.e. there's no incremental cost). Anyway, I'm sure that plenty of students in this development will indeed be taking the bus rather than walking. Very convenient for cycling too. That walk is soul-crushing; I did it once and vowed never to try it again.
Like I understand what you mean, but if it's -20 and windy, I'd rather walk 20 minutes and get indoors than wait 20 minutes for a bus that I might not even be able to get on.

This will be a good location if you're a UofM student, don't get me wrong, but the transit there is going to suck at peak hours.

Also, I'm shocked that the university is letting this developer eat their lunch, like if they had an ounce of foresight they could easily fill the demand on site and ensure that the money flows into their coffers. In fact, they could even partner up with developers, thus helping end the problem with illegal rentals. Get the city onboard too for what it's worth. The fact that a project like this is being built is a sign that there is huge demand for student housing in the area.
Federalist #10, James Madison