View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 10, 2015, 5:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago103 View Post
I mean dear lord I think I actually read someone argue on here that Karen Lewis is machine!
Karen Lewis is machine... The machine was defined by organizing union and minority/immigrant support in a political machine that essentially created a feedback loop where these special interests received special favor in exchange for votes. The CTU is very much a part of the machine and Karen Lewis also represents the remnants of the African American wing of the democratic machine to some extent as well. She's a classic fat-cat union boss who was, until her illness, building a machine style collation. Just look at the number of CTU backed alderman attacking Rahm-allied aldermen in the current election.

Rahm is not so secretly anti union (just look at his buddy Rauner's actions today below), he only won the AA vote in the last election because of Obama, not the machine, he doesn't have any of the organization infrastructure that defines the machine (precinct captains, union alliances, borderline patronage at all turns, etc). If he doesn't have the machine style organizational structure, then he's not machine.