View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 10, 2021, 8:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip View Post
Most couples are dual income - both working, now, especially not the super wealthy.

That's the point. If one of 'em's working from home and the other isn't or if both are "hybrid" and going to the office on different days, the one at home is not going to be left peacefully alone to "work". They are going to be expected to do all sorts of "chores" since they are "home". And suddenly they may wish they weren't.

And I can't escape believing that the people who spend more time in the office are going to be seen, at least subconsciously, as the more loyal and hard-working employees and are just going to get more face time with the boss meaning more promotions.

This working from home thing does not come free. I watched a discussion of it just the other night on TV and the point several people made is that while you can get routine collaborative work done via Zoom, you can't really be all that creative. Nothing beats an extended in-person brainstorming session.

I think all this will become more and more apparent to all concerned and the "work from home" thing will become the province of a smaller and smaller minority of employees (at least among the better paid and more creative ones).