View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 29, 2019, 9:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisLA View Post
Nope, Westwood was once packed and full of pedestrians, especially Friday and Saturday nights. It was so crowded that the city would close down the streets to allow more room for pedestrians to get around. This was back in the early 80’s, it was full of college brat pack types, but it also began to attracted gangs from south central and a few mini riots and violence increased and at least one killing. This caused the downturn in popularity and with the gentrification of Old Town Pasadena, and 3rd Street Promanade the crowds just shifted.
Yeah. . . that's what she was saying. . . I was there in the late 90s and most recently a few years ago, so /my/ recollection was that it was always kind of vacant. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisLA View Post
Even if the subway makes it to Santa Monica, I think I’ll still prefer the Expo line. I rather enjoy the elevated train and seeing the landscape than being in a tunnel. There are some beautiful scenery along the route IMO.
I'd be surprised if they did build the subway all the way to Santa Monica as the Expo line seems to serve that route already. . . we stayed in SM on our last trip there and took the Expo line into town a number of times during our stay. . .

. . .