View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 12, 2011, 2:04 AM
REAL Kiwi!

Wow, I didnt know this thread existed. Great work everyone, I always wondered exactly what some of us did in the design realm. I have been designing high end residential work here in Texas for 15 years. I enjoy working in many different styles, and lately have enjoyed mixing the traditional with the contemporary.

This project was built on a difficult lot, 65' of drop front to back. Of course the result of the design is a reflection of client wants. As with some of the discussion on Mcmansions go, of course thats a bit of a derogatory term. Many of these true custom homes are built to very high standards with very good quality materials. I would imagine the term Mcmansion more to describe large tract houses with poorly done details. Saying that, there is some phenomenal work being done all over the country, loved your house Plinko btw, very nice.
This home is built with native Texas limestone, custom cast stone, real clay brick & chimney pots, slate roofing, and real copper accents gutters/finials etc.

Front

Side profile

Rear

Pool

Foyer

Living Rm

Study

Master Bath

Wine Cellar - cant see it but its sub grade with a main groin vaulted room and two tunnels that lead to smaller rooms.