View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 26, 2019, 9:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardecila View Post
In addition to criticizing Rahm when his dad was Rahm's chief of staff, Chance also endorsed Amara Enyia in the primary and not Preckwinkle. Seems pretty clear that Chance is perfectly willing to break from his father politically. I don't understand why you're seeing nepotism here.

Where is he crying poverty? He chose to live on the South Side to stay connected to his community, but he's very obviously wealthy and successful. Pretty much all rappers walk that line of enjoying their money while staying connected to their community - nobody would buy their music if it wasn't relatable. Arguably Chance is more modest than most and doesn't name drop $100k cars or fashion/liquor brands. He also bought a Streeterville condo last year which was well publicized (and he talks about it in one of his songs).

This is the only area where I agree with you, his public statements do seem to paint Lightfoot as a sort of Uncle Tom. But I think he earnestly supports Preckwinkle and believes she is the better candidate for the black community. Remember that city workers and teachers are disproportionately black and, due to the residency requirement, they comprise a huge portion of the city's black middle class. What's good for those unions is good for the black middle class.

FYI I am a Lightfoot supporter, I just don't see anything "sleazy" about Chance's endorsement, seems to make perfect sense.

The only bad thing I see so far from lightfoot is shes anti tif and anti Lincoln yards and the 78.....