View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 13, 2016, 10:07 PM

Apologies for the thread necromancy, but I came across an article from last June stating the property was up for sale.

Quote:
After failing to get the World Trade Center up and running, Carl Marks & Co. switched gears in 2002 and decided to focus on having the 5.3-acre parcel developed as a large multifamily project called Renaissance Plaza. The property fronts the Delaware River at Columbus Boulevard and Callowhill Street.

The dense development is approved for 1,342 apartments in four buildings that range in height from 21 to 31 stories. Plans also include nearly 70,000 square feet of retail space, 653 parking spaces along with more than an acre of landscaped public plazas.

Mike Margolis, an investment broker with Newmark Grubb Knight Frank, has the listing. While there’s no official price on the property, it could go for an estimated $50,000 a unit.

“The market will tell us at the end of the day,” he said. “It always does.”
After all these decades, I think the market's trying to tell them something, but they're not listening.

With all the movement in the last couple of years, the video rendering up on Vimeo, and with One Water Street shooting up, I was kind of hoping this would actually happen, but it seems increasingly likely that this plot may be doomed to mediocrity for a few more decades.