View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 10, 2009, 1:10 PM

Looking at the April 15th agenda for the HDRC;
  • Fish Market-Denied again.
  • Embassy Suites - Theres a nice looking walk thru fountain area to be added at river level. see page 190.
  • Pearl CIA building - Final approval for construction, after Oct. 18th conceptual approval of the building and final approval of the location/site plan. Five-story building will include a three hundred car-parking garage, space for the Culinary Institute of America, retail lease space, residential lease space, and office lease space
and in this episode of saving an historical landmark - 1102 Fred Rd..... yes the old Ice House is officially historic now.
Looking at the list of historical items in SA is like walking in an "antique store" and there being nothing but old crap in there except a couple of true antiques.\

Also on a side note the former Hotel Mimosa turns into Four Points by Sheraton
here is the article as posted on the Clocking In; MySA.com blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakyle04 View Post
working at nustar, i have seen some great initiatives come out of the company's charitable arm. many of those are downtown in the haven for hope.
has anyone else seen what is going on over there?
I took the long way home yesterday and was surprised to see the amount of progress done in that inner-west neighborhood.
Once the HFH opens, I'm assuming the Westside Multimodal station will begin to take form to coincide with the 2012 BRT plan that VIA has. That whole area is taking shape nicely.
Also we can't forget the capital improvement and expansion of UH downtown that also has a target date of 2012.
cake and keep it, too.
- Harlan Douglass, The Suburban Trend, 1925

Last edited by miaht82; Apr 11, 2009 at 8:35 PM.