View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 9, 2018, 6:52 PM

It's been a while since I posted. Here's an update in Santa Clara at the intersection of El Camino and Lawrence Expressway:

This massive project (for the area at least) will have 476 units and 108,600 sq ft of retail.

The residential portion is under construction and almost topped up.

Elsewhere, the developments in the San Antonio neighborhood in Mountain View by the Caltrain station has been coming along nicely since my last post a year ago. I forgot to take pictures, but if I get the chance I'll go back and take them. In a nutshell, they've landscaped the sidewalks, added some protected pedestrian crossings, and added new green bike lanes along California and San Antonio.

There are hundreds of new housing units still under construction in this neighborhood (including a seven story!), and Greystar is about to start another one on the site of the old Safeway. The Mountain View City Council approved this project three days ago:

This site was originally being targeted by the Los Altos School District for eminent domain proceedings, but the district has since moved on to another parcel of land across the street next to the San Antonio village development. The developers of the San Antonio village also plan to help LASD build new public parkland on this new parcel to help them fulfill green space requirements.