View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 1, 2014, 8:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff View Post
See, that is one of the most constructive things I have ever seen you write Simplicity. I can appreciate that response. You seem to have a lot of knowledge on the subject of development but only pick a part the viability of every project that appears on here.
I try not to pick apart the viability of everything, but nobody ever dedicates a thread to some 18 unit development in East Kildonan!

I've been in this game a long time. I've worked with bonafide developers all the way on down to the guy with too much money who's interested in a game his money allows him entry into, so I've seen a lot of different scenarios. And I've had probably 50 projects financed, so I also know where the rubber meets the road because I've worked on literally hundreds. On this board we're always talking feasibility within a few different paradigms: planning, construction, perceived growth of the city, etc. But the truth is that everybody's good intentions often grind to a halt once it's time to get the thing out of the ground. So if I'm skeptical, it's because I know certain things don't work and that's usually from experience.

It's pretty rare that the bank is of a more liberal mind than I am.