View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 18, 2019, 9:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corndogger View Post
The feds did today (or was it yesterday?) by announcing another 3.5 week delay. It's so frickin' obvious that they and B.C. are trying to cripple our economy. Name me one democracy where the federal government is fixated on destroying a region for political gain? If the Liberals get reelected this is going to result in a lot worse than a constitutional crisis.
Or..maybe they are just following the government process? It doesn't seem at unreasonable to have an environmental review, and it doesn't seem unreasonable that such a review would take time. I understand that this has been a bit bumpy and slower than many would prefer - but It seems like a bit of a jump to assume that it is some nefarious conspiracy against Alberta.

I don't see where the supposed political gain is for destroying Alberta. Many other regions in Canada may not be willing to step in to defend/help Alberta, but I don't think there are many votes to be gained for expressly "destroying a region".

Many other regions may be irritated with Alberta because...well provincially we tend to behave a bit like spoiled brat. And yes, there may be people out there that would actively like to see Alberta be knocked down a bit because of that. But I have a hard time believing that a bunch of people in Quebec, Ontario, BC are about to vote for party because they feel like they have "destroyed Alberta". It actually seems a bit arrogant to me to assume that Alberta is going to factor into many political decisions that aren't in Alberta. Furthermore, the Liberals have actually been supportive of the pipeline - to the point of buying it. To me it seems like this has actually risked their support in BC with little to gain in Alberta where people are never going to vote for them.

They aren't out to get us, they are trying to balance the interests of a country and that means not everything is for/about us.