View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 14, 2016, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
Right, that was never a reference to height. That would be absurd, considering it will be surrounded by towers as tall or taller than the Eiffel Tower. It will be an iconic structure/structure that will come to symbolize the new New York of the Hudson Yards. The area, already flowibg with tourists due to it's connection to the High Line, will become one of the must see destinations. It will be something you can experience, rather than just look at. New York is lucky enough to have multiple such icons- the Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building, Brooklyn Bridge, etc. This, along with others such as the NY Wheel, will be among the new icons of this century. There was a New York that existed before those older icons. But we can only imagine NY with them now. It will be no different for the new.
I am a big fan of the WTC performing arts center as a new icon. The renders look phenomenal, especially the nighttime renders. The overall complex is really shaping up. I think the Culture Shed in Hudson Yard's will also be great. Here's to new icons! (whether they rival the Eiffel Tower or not). It's all about space making, which is what Hudson Yards and WTC are both setting out to do in ways we haven't often seen. I think they will be successful.