View Single Post
Old Posted May 31, 2007, 5:48 PM
Pure Phase

Quote:
Originally Posted by osmo View Post
i agree with evreything that you are saying.. i am not a fool to belive over infalted nubmers put out by the government..i really dont see sask having a big amazing boom like alberta the ppl arnt here to sustian it.. are population prymid is very stretch.. lots of old ppl.. and lots and lots of kids ... in 20 years when those kids grow up will the have a fluorishing economy to dive into or a over stretched economy with high taxes etc....

i just really think sask will go through a boom but it wont be sask ppl gettin the money forign investors are comming in and gettin the benifits.. like how one person said ask ppl jumped on the alberta housing boom then came back.. yea some did but more alberta ppl NOW are buying up all the homes in sask and gettin even more money in there pockets.. i am a young person im 21 and i live in regina i dont see any oppurtunitys here otehr then its cheap to go to school.. once i have my education im out .. thats hte mindset of many.. nobody plans to grow old here

it seems that sask is stuck in the same rut as atlantic canada .. tehy relied on certin industrys like fishing and manufacting .. but now are in a econmic slump.. sask is still rellying on a dead agriculture industry and i kno the future does look brite for some hybrid spin offs like ethenal and wind power and other junk calvert is saying .. like i dont understand this game plan of sitting on your oil until the price is so skyhigh u qill be swiming in money.. or until alberta runs out reither or is gonna take 20 years.. i really dont kno if we will have 700,000 ppl in 20 years

uh, Saskatchewan actually has one of the strongest economies in the country....there is a huge shortage of skilled labour here....there has been sooo many projects cancelled because of a lack of employees. My department has advertised for 10 positions in the last 2 months.