View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 28, 2007, 10:09 PM

If it were up to the citizens of Louisville it might not have been chosen, that's why I'm glad us citizens really had no choice. Most of the time people don't know what the hell is good for them here. As an example, people think they should use the $1 million or so that goes towards Thunder Over Louisville (largest annual firework show in the USA) for charity, even though the event brings in over $31 million for the city. Projects like MP and events like Thunder will bring in the bucks that make it possible to help the less fortunate and make the city look better; which is why I still don't understand why Thunder isn't in the city's budget!. To contradict my first sentence, I would like to say that I didn't hear too much of an uproar once the plans were announced and most of the people I know (who could care less about buildings) liked it and/or thought it was "interesting" and good for the city. This building reflects the city's artsy and unique atmosphere, if it was totally irrelevant and had no ties to the ways of the community I'm sure the public would have definately made it known.