View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 27, 2016, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech House View Post
Possibly the most stupid-looking design I've ever seen. The parking structure looks like a big "fuck you" to the city. Why not just have drive-in offices where you can pull right up to your desk and do everything from your car? I can't believe anyone's even remotely happy about this. Yeah, the top half is nifty, but it's like putting the torso of Lebron James on the lower half of a cow. It doesn't work. It's like serving sashimi on a bed of manure.
I like the analogy, but I'd rather have at least Lebron James' torso than a full cow on my court. I agree it is very poorly integrated. I wish parts of the glass section were woven into the parking podium. I don't actually hate the design of the podium and think the elevator section is really cool. I just wish it was like 5 floors of parking and 20 of the glass portion. What the hell? There's no height restriction, if you're going to put in 12+ levels of parking at least double the amount of office floors. The problem with this building is not the design of either component, it's the lopsided proportion. I guess the reason I don't hate this is because it totally could have been another generic glass box. At least this is different, right?