View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 31, 2016, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooster View Post
Great shot at taking the East this year!
I doubt we catch up to the Cavs. The number one goal this year to me is still to make it to the second round. The fact that they're performing above what anyone expected is great, but I'm not gonna go out and say they're a lock to make it to the EC Finals. Gotta make it out of the first round first, which we've been unable to do thus far. So that is still the number one goal in my eyes.

That said, Dwane Casey deserves a lot of credit. I'll be the first to admit that I've criticized him harshly, but he's really brought out the most out of this roster. His substituion patterns are markedly improved over last year (the Lowry+subs lineup he uses to end the first quarter is an absolute killer).

A lot of things have gone right for us this year with 4/5 of our starters having career years as well as Joseph and (judging based on recent performance) Ross. An optimistic view would be to expect all 7 of them to continue playing at this level next year, but a more realistic approach would be to plan for at least a few of them regressing next year.

Although we desperately need a starting 4, we may have a really good shot to nab Jamal Murray in the draft (both Denver and New York look like they're going to end up in the mid-to-late lottery which is where Murray is currently projected). If we have the opportunity to draft him I say we do it and thn leverage Ross's career year to get a power forward.