View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 6, 2013, 6:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul in S.A TX View Post
Urbanized area San Antonio is bigger than most on the list, same size as Portland, larger than Columbus,Ohio, Orlando, Salt Lake, Sacramento. I know the Nfl looks at regional population base and san Marcos,Kyle,Austin, are not technically a part of S.A., but it could easily be looked as if they were a CSA. Over 4 million people in 5 adjacent counties along I35. You can't claim a population this size for any of those regions listed.
Just off of the top of my head I would say that LA, Portland, Columbus, and Providence (maybe even Salt Lake City) have a larger Urbanized area than San Antonio. City Population does not equal Urbanized area.

In addition, Urbanized area does not even factor into the equation for an NFL franchise (at least I don't understand how). As it has been pointed out; Socio-economics, Market size, Corporate presence, and shear fandom are the main components.

I think that you miss the point of my initial post...I was arguing that San Antonio outside of LA is the best choice. The list was to show other Metros that do not have a franchise.