View Single Post
Old Posted May 2, 2008, 4:16 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by glowrock View Post
What the hell???

Myshtern, FasTracks was approved in 2004, long after 9/11. What the hell are you talking about?

Aaron (Glowrock)
I really don't know much about this sort of stuff, I really was asking In all seriousness though, you say it was approved in 2004 but I'm sure the design and plans were worked on for years prior to that, 2004 is only when voters decided to pay for it.

Quote:
Absolutely it's every bit as complex. How many property owners are involved with the light rail? And the Freedom Tower? You've got a couple parties there to worry about, and essentially a clean site. Engineering challenge - sure, freedom tower wins, hand down. But as a complete project, I'd say it's a very fair comparison.
As far as I'm concerned, the project is broken down into 2 parts. The design and construction of union station and laying down the actual rail.

The whole union station design seems to be fudged to me, simply because of the horrible zoning surrounding it and the construction shouldnt take more than a year.

While laying down the rail should have been done with an army of negotiators spread in each direction of the line for property followed by an army of laborers laying down rail. We can make this as complicated as we want and draw out the process for 30 years. If we want to get things done, things need to be broken down in the simple segments and attacked with an overwhelming force. Like I said though, I dont know what's necessary for the federal funding. I may seem rudimentary but let's not make anything overly complex in our heads, we're building a freaking railroad.