View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 16, 2018, 8:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fryguy View Post
Video update posted on website.

https://spcproject.org

My biggest concern about this project is how isolated it is from other outlets. It's not even a mile long. If it was connected to the Riverwalk, then I would be less concerned. In other words, because SA doesn't have a strong urban center, people have to drive to get to many parks, I, for one, wouldn't drive miles to walk a few blacks among a creek.

I am very happy about this project, however. It's nice to see downtown getting some attention. It will be beautiful and it is something downtown needs, badly. I am simply concerned it will be brushed off over time from a lack of foot traffic. This isn't going off the beat path...from the River. This is walking (or driving) to then walk a few blacks around a concrete creek. 🤔
What do you have against blacks exactly?

Also, as I'm sure you know, this is just one phase of a larger project that will be a few miles long and will connect to the Riverwalk.

Also, as I'm sure you know, this project was created as a way to make that part of downtown more attractive for business and residential development, so it may eventually be an important piece of urban fabric woven into the core of a vibrant downtown.