View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 19, 2006, 6:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAPINM1
My comment was directed toward the developers view on Buckhead, there's no getting around it, it's just the way it is. Look at when Park Avenue Condo's were built? I would be mad if they started building stuff in the Cathedral Hill neighborhood here in St. Paul, when they could just continue to add onto downtown. I honostly think it's kinda insane that they are trying to develop a third skyline when Atlanta already has Midtown and Downtown. Why not fill in more gaps in that area and make one mega skyline? Those are awesome buildings that are under development in Buckhead, and I am glad to see them getting built, they are just being built in a weird location. I could see midtown having Terminus, Mansion on Peachtree, 3344, ect...........
I think its great that Buckhead is getting these buildings and I don't feel it should be in Midtown. I'm sure there were people in the late 80's and 90's with the same attitudes towards Midtown when it was nothing there. They were probably saying that everything should be built in Downtown. As far as architecture, I could see 1180 fitting more in Buckhead than in Midtown.