View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 29, 2018, 3:51 AM

[QUOTE=Geebrr;8296795]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post

Yeah, that is not how it works.

More goes into market viability than a small Canadian market having a slightly higher amount of disposable income.
Well I think two great new examples would be Cactus Club which has some of the highest sales of all their Canadians locations and is one of the most prominent chains currently in Canada. Another great example is Michael Kors which only opened in midtown because Victoria’s Secret came here. They were fearful of the market here because of the lack of Coach, and other similar retailers.. so in their cases it has worked great, and will work great once all these other laggards like Zara, Coach, Joey & Earls, and all other restaurants like so get their market research in gear and come saturate our market just like they have in other larger centers with lower disposable income.

Last January I tried to invite some execs from Toronto to an event I was holding here from a large institution. They wouldn’t come because “it’s probably hard to invite people to Cold Saskatoon in January” and that shocked me as I’ve turned down offers in toronto mainly because their weather is aweful haha. The majority of these people treat Saskatoon like it is Yellowknife (no offense Yellowknife), and there is definitely a “stuck up” attitude when looking at smaller more remote centers. It’s definitely getting better in Saskatoon but there’s a lot of work to entice these people to think positively of Saskatoon!