View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 9, 2015, 6:07 PM
you know where I'll be

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisVanDerWright View Post
Anyone can build a building in Chicago if they have the right tenants and financial backers. I know for a fact that the hotel operators are signed on so I'm not worried about who is going to occupy it, I'm worried that the developers apparently don't know their ass from their face when it comes to the development process in Chicago.

That's not insurmountable though, that's just challenging. If you have money and a plan, you can build here, just don't make things unnecessarily harder on yourself by fumbling the entire PR process.

Reasons to be highly skeptical of this have nothing to do with PR - you're just obfuscating there - it's all about the deep track record and financial resources/lending connections etc of the developers - or in this case, as many - lack thereof, and you know it. There's just little-to-no reason to believe it exists here.

I'm sure this is an internet forum faux pas on all kinds of obnoxious levels, but I need to go back and quote myself from earlier in the thread. This is everything and more you need to keep front-of-mind when contemplating the prospects for this 'project' eventuating:

"Yeah, this 'project' is not passing the sniff test for reality.......site needs to change hands in a true market arms-length transaction (really this time) before anything is going to be developed there (unfortunately).........don't get me wrong, as 'proposed' this seems like it would be a fantastic addition to the north end of the Loop.....

The 'announcement' or whatever it was recalls the huge f'up of Wanda Dalian in (was it?) 2013 with their premature press release - but importantly without both the stature/assets/track record of Wanda itself, as well as a very established and capable US development partner for its project....." - SamInTheLoop, June 2015