View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 16, 2014, 9:20 PM
ARTchitecture

Quote:
Originally Posted by ue View Post
Wouldn't surprise me to see high growth like that, especially if we get the green light to annex part of Leduc County up to and including YEG. After all, most of Edmonton's regional growth will be contained within the city limits. We're already at 812,000 as of 2011 and growing fast. Wouldn't surprise me if we've hit 850k already. If Metro Edmonton is around 1.5 million in 2025 (which I think is realistic), I'm guessing Calgary would be pushing 1.6 or 1.7 million, perhaps even 1.8 million if the gap widens enough.
I don't expect to see the gap widen that much... it's currently at about 85 000, so I'd say that the max we will see by 2025 would be 150 000. That would still put Calgary between 1.6 and 1.7 million which is awesome to think. Regardless, in any scenario I wouldn't want to see either city's growth slow before that time frame. Both cities are going to feel completely different by that year. Edmonton's Cultural and Arena districts should be fully up and running, Calgary's East Village, Eau Claire redevelopment, 8th Ave Subway, and West Village should be up and running, and both cities will have their sights set on 2 million. We're in a very exciting and pivotal point in the development of this province. I'm anxious to see how all of these megadevelopments pan out

Mohkínstsis — 1.6 million people at the Foothills of the Rocky Mountains, 400 high-rises, a 300-metre SE to NW climb, over 1000 kilometres of pathways, with 20% of the urban area as parkland.