View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 21, 2009, 4:56 AM

I'm very happy for you guys if it comes to fruition. I'm guessing any feasibility study will rule out a retractable roof, given the incredible cost of it, however, I sincerely hope you guys get your dome. The prairies are cold. There is a reason why Winnipeg cannot sellout a playoff game (or Grey Cup without Manitoba Hydro intervention in the 11th hour) to save their life. Plain and simple, it's too bloody cold. Nobody outside of the gin-blooded diehards, and steadfast football purists have even the slightest interest in watching a game with their particulars frozen solid, and/or too the surface of the medium they are sitting on. I really wish we were getting a dome here in Winnipeg.

Best of luck to you guys. I would love a dome. Mosaic Stadium is hard enough for visitors to play in. Mosaic Dome would be hell.

As far as concerts go however, the nature of domes are unfortunately that the acoustics will be marginal, and stage set-up strange (unless it's grandiose in scope, but the vast majority of concerts aren't). I'm not too familiar with the entertainment market in Regina, but outside of Rolling Stones-esque events, I don't imagine your proposed dome would even compete too much with the Brandt Centre, in the same fashion that the Metrodome in Minneapolis barely infringes on the Target Centre, or likewise Roger's Centre on the Air Canada Centre in Toronto.