View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 27, 2016, 11:07 PM
Paradise

Here's another article from business journals

CPS Energy to buy, renovate old AT&T building for its new headquarters
Quote:
City-owned utility company CPS Energy plans to buy and renovate the old AT&T building in downtown San Antonio to be its new headquarters.

With its existing headquarters off Navarro Street and other offices already at full capacity, CPS Energy Board Chairman Ed Kelley said he was pleased to move forward with the project.

“This decision is in keeping with the guiding principles of staying in the downtown area, spurring economic development and, most importantly, managing the costs in a way that will not drive an increase in customer rates," Kelley said in a statement. "The team delivered on these principles, and I am delighted with this effort.”

CPS Energy will next move into the design and construction phase of the project. The utility is expected to release a request for proposals to find a general contractor.

The new headquarters is scheduled to be completed in 2019.
It would have been nice to have a new tower, but, like I remember saying, with Beneby gone, I doubted there would be as much push for one. At least those buildings will be put to use.

Well we still have the Frost Bank Tower to look forward to.