View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 25, 2017, 9:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ajs View Post
id like to see it move forward different and waterfront is a weird mix of architecture as it is
That's a good thing IMO. As it's all brand new, if it wasn't mixed, it'd just look like the burbs.

I thought the building proposal was pretty ugly, but I'm confused as to how this is just coming up now, as the plans have been public (and I thought, approved) for a while now. Agreed that the Sky residents' sunlight shouldn't have any impact on this. If you buy a condo next to an empty lot, you're taking the risk that one day it gets developed – it's not up to you what happens there.

And yeah, can someone explain what the elevator shaft has anything to do with this? Why does that matter?

Personally, I don't see any problem with blocking the east side of the Pumphouse from Waterfront. The outside is nothing special, it's the inside that was the big heritage piece here, and that's been completely preserved. You can still see the entire south side wall. It's a building, not a shrine or museum artifact.