View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 20, 2019, 4:07 PM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrskylar View Post
Or drive diesel vehicles whose mileage and emissions figures have all been fudged by The manufactures of these vehicles!

Actually in Europe surprisingly they drive fairly similar vehicles to here minus the full size pickup trucks, people there just accept paying more for fuel as they will here, driving habits won’t change, those at the bottom of the socio economic scale will suffer more.

In Europe there are way more options for public transportation which we don’t have here, a carbon levy on fuel is unfair to anyone in rural Canada where even bus service no longer exists!

Viking makes a valid point about carbon tax rebates coming back but fails to tell us that the effects of the carbon tax translate into increases in all the products we consume and use through increases in transportation costs, heating for businesses etc. those increases you don’t get back!
even if gas went to 10$ a leter i would still need to drive 100kms or more a day for my communte. living closer to work is not an option as i am allready as close as u can in the summer. otherwise i would be illegaly living in the bush or in a toxic waste dump.

as for ev's i dont think they would last to long at my work as all the roads are made of tailings witch is acidic ph 2....