View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 19, 2019, 7:16 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspeid View Post
I agree. the need for action on this issue is immediate and urgent. i seriously wish we could stop "digging trenches" as you said, but that would require a mature and serious discussion of the facts of the issue from both sides.

Unfortunately, the climate deniers see "facts" as subjective and open to manipulation and outright falsehood. Have the Paris Accord countries reduced their carbon footprint like they promised? No, for the most part they have failed up to now. This doesn't give license to the opposition to somehow claim climate change isn't happening, or that their guy has somehow reduced carbon emissions by ignoring the facts of climate change and gutting environmental protections.

Like I and other have pointed out before, one shouldn't waste their time arguing with fools. All we can do is hope to make our case as clearly and convincingly as possible and appeal to the rational segment of the voting population. The deniers will still shriek, threaten, mock, lie and generally make a lot of indignant noises, but hopefully they can be ignored long enough for all countries to take meaningful steps to stop destroying the world we share.
I dunno why I do it to myself.