View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 13, 2017, 4:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidson View Post
Sorry SaskScaper but my reply to the first part of your reply got embedded in your post above.

On your second point, I didn't say Saskatoon can't support both the Blades & the Rush. I was responding to another poster who talked about an AHL team and I said Saskatoon, at this point, couldn't support all three teams...in that scenario, I believe the Blades would be the odd man out.

Thanks for the spirited discussion!
Saskatoon supports the Blades, but I don't think a lot of die hard fans necessarily enjoy the direction the team is going under the current owners. Owner has his son running the team as GM... His son has had zero experience in hockey operations before his dad bought the club. Nepotism is rarely good in sports.

But I've heard from a few people (though the Blades will deny it) that the organization is very much for sale. I've heard other people mention that they Rush may be interested in buying the team, but the Priestners and Bruce Urban are business rivals in Edmonton. Hence why you've never seen any real cross-promotions between the two clubs even though they share the same arena.

But as for the Sasktel Centre, we're rapidly approaching the point where I think we're going to start missing concerts because of the aging facility. The city will have to decide whether they build new or renovate. It will be interesting to see what effect the North Bridge will have on travel times to and from the Sasktel Centre. I've begun taking Marquis all the way to Arthur Rose Drive and down Warman road and it's way quicker than any other route during Rush games.

I should say that I am disappoint so far with the City of Saskatoon that there are so few "park and ride" options to get to and from Rush games. I'd park at Preston Crossing (or other malls) and take a "Lacrosse Express" to the Sasktel Centre for a couple of bucks. They do it in Regina for Rider games. Works pretty well. Why not here? Promote your bus service.