View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 12, 2017, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaskScraper View Post
^^Ditto what PrairieGuy said

8-12/yr Rush games doesn't require spending $100 million on downtown arena

8-12/yr Rider games did require $278 M priority on amenities, fan experience and new revenue-generating opportunities like suites and luxury boxes

completely makes sense..
I don't care either way, just seems like shakey logic.

My reply to SaskScraper:

Sorry but again I think the comparison doesn't work. The logic for NMS was a) spend $100M to renovate old Mosaic/Taylor Field (aka putting lipstick on a pig) or b) spend $278M and have a brand new, state of the art facility that should last for decades.

I believe that Saskatoon will eventually face the same renovate vs. build new decision for SaskTel Centre.
END

Swift Current has enough population to support Broncos'. If Saskatoon population ever can't support the Blades they should move to The Battlefords where they can have a better chance with its better population/corporate base for "..new revenue-generating opportunities like suites and luxury boxes"
Sorry SaskScaper but my reply to the first part of your reply got embedded in your post above.

On your second point, I didn't say Saskatoon can't support both the Blades & the Rush. I was responding to another poster who talked about an AHL team and I said Saskatoon, at this point, couldn't support all three teams...in that scenario, I believe the Blades would be the odd man out.

Thanks for the spirited discussion!