View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 17, 2013, 6:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theskythelimit View Post
I do travel quite frequently and off the top of my head, Dubai, Shangahi, NY ect.. But everyone is entitled to their opinion. I also like the cluster and from the street view, it will look more urban.

tech12
Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut gallery
tech12 - that would be good news!
Definitely. I'm thinking that maybe the total height of the building is the 400 foot tower + the 85 foot podium, which would come out to 485 feet. That seems to fit for 44 stories plus a crown...but the height limit there is only 400 feet (plus another 100 for a crown/spire). I wonder what the deal is with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fflint
In what crazy world are 400 and 500 ft. towers "low rise"?
lol seriously. Maybe the skythelimit lives in an alternate universe where every highrise is a supertall.

There is a world outside of SF and other cities, Shangahi, Beijing, Jeddah are doing some interesting stuff with height and design. So, as I travel Internatinal at least six times a year to these and other cities, they are impressive. No alternate universe. Born, raised and live in SF.
Most skyscrapers in those cities are not supertalls though, and the same is even more true for the vast majority of other cities on the planet. Most reasonable people would not call a 400 or 500 foot building a "low rise", or a 300 or 200 foot building, or even a 100 foot building. In the context of North America, buildings of about 10-12 stories and up are usually considered to be high rises. Low rises on the other hand are usually considered to be under 6 stories I'd say, with mid rises filling the gap between them and highrises. Take a look at the descriptions for the development forums on this very site: 115' and up is considered a highrise.