View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 4, 2012, 8:36 PM

http://www.brooklyndaily.com/stories..._08_31_bk.html

Coney Island wants massive observation wheel

Quote:
A massive observation wheel slated for Staten Island should be built in Coney Island, claim People’s Playground boosters who say the amusement district should be home to anything remotely amusing in the city.
Quote:
“Coney Island is America’s original amusement park and playground, and a natural location for the world’s tallest observation wheel,” said Borough President Markowitz, claiming that Coney’s existing attractions would draw far bigger crowds than Staten Island could ever provide.
I am just posting it, not that I agree with it. I think that Staten Island is a better place for it.
Although as some commentators of that article said, for the wheel as a tourist attraction itself, it would be better placed either in NJ across the river or in Brooklyn Bridge Park. In the last case, it would bring astonishing views of the New York Skyline, The Brooklyn Downtown and Brooklyn and Manhattan Bridges. Also the Wheel itself would offer an iconic view from Manhattan. That's for the views and the potential as a major tourist atraction, I also understand that one of the goals is to help develop Staten Island and draw tourist out of the typical places.