View Single Post
Old Posted May 15, 2009, 9:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanshirt View Post
I dunno man, that really sucks what happened to Seattle with the Sonics. It worries me that that sort of thing could potentially happen with the Spurs someday. Just shows how easy it is to relocate a team even with a loyal fan base.

Anyway, if the Chargers moved anywhere it would probably be to LA. Same with Jacksonville, from everything I've read. The Rams are kind of a joke around Missouri (moreso even than the Chiefs), and I'd personally rather hold out for a decent team than inherit somebody else's embarrassment. Beggars can't be choosers, though.
I don't think it is carved in stone that the Chargers will be moving to Los Angeles. Believe it or not San Antonio has a great chance at landing the team. They're just about out of options in San Diego and Los Angeles has nothing but a couple of old broken down college stadiums to house a team now. Which leaves the Alamodome.

Some may criticize the building for being not up to snuff. But the fact is it stands as one of only a few stadiums in North America that could house a franchise immediately. Toronto being another one. I believe that this bodes well for San Antonio. One negative naysayer could come up with 1000 reasons why San Antonio won't get a team anytime soon. But the undeniable fact remains that a team could move here in an instant.