View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 3, 2021, 2:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
From my years living in Marina City, it's not much.

My 500 SF studio unit cost about $25 worth of electricity (MC wasn't piped for gas) to heat in a typical winter month.

Granted, that was a decade ago now, but still, hardly an exorbitant heating expense, despite the evil horror of "THERMAL BRIDGING".
Yeah people act as if this is some kind of crippling issue. It is not and developers don't care as someone else mentioned. The architects don't get to choose whether the building has thermal breaks nor do they get to choose whether it has balconies.

Not sure why there are so many Gang haters out there nitpicking her work. It almost feels like a double standard that male architects designing on this level are not judged by. Why isn't every building with balconies and no breaks lambasted for the same reasons? I've never heard it leveled as design criticism against any other radiator balcony buildings in Chicago granted most of those designs suck and are nowhere near the quality of Aqua. Maybe you all should look at Low-end-burgs previous works and realize Aqua represents a massive aesthetic improvement upon an otherwise uninspiring genre of building program that proliferates not only Chicago, but many modern cities.

Reddit.com/r/REbubble