View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 30, 2016, 3:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrakis View Post
Is anyone else surprised that Shoppers Drugmart does not have a location in the Kenmount Road area or that part of town? Especially with Kenmount Terrace getting larger and larger. I am surprised they haven't built one on Kesley Drive. The only drug store servicing that entire part of town is the tiny Lawtons in the mall.

Has anyone heard anything about the future of Woodgate Plaza now that 90% of the tennants have vacated. Leon's, Dooleys, Quiznos, TD Bank are all gone now?
All I heard was that the Avalon Mall who owns the property are planning on reconfiguring it.
I was always surprised by this as well. A good spot for Shoppers, in my opinion would be near Avalon Ford. Eventually, the Wyatt/Mount Carson intersection is to be made into a 4-way with a small commercial area leading into more residential. A few businesses in this spot would greatly benefit from Kenmount Terrace, Elisabeth Park, and the north part of Mount Pearl.

As for Woodgate, I've heard all kinds of rumors, from tearing it down and building smaller stores, a hotel, linking it with the mall....you name it. But as I said, all rumors, nothing in print...just here say. I can assume the plans for this will be part of the "Big Proposal" that the owners of the Avalon mall will be coming to city council with. The proposal is supposed to be a plan for the entire area and is to include the realignment of the mall intersection with Polina Road. The city have been after the mall for years to do this. Of course, if the mall goes ahead with this, they will want something in return such as rezoning to allow a parking lot full of free standing structures such as restaurants.