View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 14, 2017, 1:12 AM

Question Question about Toronto proposals

Relatively new forumer here, so I apologize if this is in the wrong place.

So I can’t help but notice that the diagram for Toronto here on SSP has 298 drawings of buildings in the ‘proposed’ category, and 426 buildings overall listed as proposed in the database. Now I know SSP is a Canadian website (so there’s obviously a home-field advantage in terms of which buildings Canadian illustrators are going to choose to draw), and I know Toronto is currently going through probably the largest building boom in its history. For comparison’s sake, NYC has something like 3x the population of Toronto, and is also going through possibly the largest building boom in its history, but it only has 201 buildings listed as proposed total, drawn and undrawn buildings included. It really seems unlikely to me that there actually is twice the demand for real estate in Toronto vs. NYC, given Toronto’s smaller size, lack of geographic constraints compared to NYC, etc. but I’m not particularly familiar with Toronto so I suppose it is somehow possible.

So my question for you guys is, how many of these ‘proposed’ buildings in Toronto are serious proposals that will actually get built, and how many are just speculative projects that may or may not move forward?