View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 2, 2009, 7:59 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archie Teck View Post
I disagree with your claim that there is a surplus of surface parking in the downtown. I actually think there is a drastic shortage.
This right here proves that you have no idea what makes a downtown great. Shortage of surface parking in downtown Regina. Tell me your interpretation of what the downtown study says about surface parking? Better yet, nevermind.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archie Teck View Post
By the way, we're well in the CFL season and there have been a lot of great games so far. Mosaic Stadium has been nearly sold out for most of them, but demand hasn't been enough to create standing room tickets or anything like that. It would appear the current size is fairly appropriate for the demand.

So far this year I've yet to see a single game that would be enhanced by being played indoors. The only games with a lacklustre crowd atmosphere have been those held in BC Place domed stadium.

When it gets right down to it, this roughrider stadium might really only mean maybe 1 or 2 late season games are "better" than they would have been if played in the open air. Are we really going to drop $350 million for the sake of 1 or 2 games per year? Wouldn't it make infinitely more sense to spend a few million sprucing up the current stadium and turning that downtown corridor into something productive?
With every repetitive post you make, you make less and less sense. First of all, the Riders are already about 7,000 fans ahead of last years attendence after 4 homes games. Secondly, the current capacity of Mosaic Stadium is about 31,000, and the plan for the new mutlipurpuse stadium is between 34-35,000 permanent seats. Huge difference hey?

That said, with a retractable roof (yes the University of Pheonix stadium which they are using as a reference was cheaper to build with a retractable roof), you never have to worry about the weather, and you can still enjoy the beautiful days. Pretty logical to most people....

Last edited by Migs; Aug 2, 2009 at 10:01 PM.