View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 2, 2009, 2:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcaout View Post
I agree as a "naysayer" my posts have been likely in the speculative/worst case scenario region of the issue. It seems much of the positive comments have also been speculative though, as people imagine the look of the facility, different events that might be brought in, other businesses that could work well with a stadium and so on. I don't criticize people dreaming or posting what they'd like to see or ideas they feel would make such a facility better. I do think it is important to think about the worst case scenarios, or difficulties as well. Since I'm not for a domed stadium, I've posted such thoughts.

As for the feasibility study, I am not against it, I would have prefered a week or two for the public to digest the inital study before the recommendation was studied in depth. Or even better, the data or some numbers were realised rather than just the bottomline figures in the executive summary. I don't worry so much about the authors of the feasibility study but the politicans and invested interests that haven't been named but apparently exist.
This is a reasonable post by a "naysayer." I'm not entirely convinced myself by the politicians but I am going to defer judgment until we have a study to look at this.

But all this pre-emptive nonsense from Archie Teck is based on assumptions suggestive of a poor- or worst-case scenario. This would be fine if more definites were known about Regina's domed stadium option. If we applied ATs approach to public infrastructure, we probably would have little to none (libraries, schools, roads).

We would have no roads by your "logic" and "little bit of reasoning." They don't provide direct economic benefit/impact so they would have no value to the city, province, or country.

This is an ENTHUSIAST's form mate. And you're killing it. I am all about open discussion but I usually only debate with reasonable people. People who consider studies as one of the best ways of knowing. Not merely tenacity, tradition or so-called common sense backing uninformed viewpoints.

(Cue the catcalls of witchcraft)