View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 3, 2019, 3:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
I don't dispute the second part of your post but I think the passport issue is a different one altogether.

If I were to travel on a single passport around the world I'd pick the Canadian every single time as it's not stigmatized at all and you won't be targeted by anyone because of it. Canada has a very "vanilla" global reputation and as such very few people have any hostility towards Canada and Canadians.

Rightly or wrongly you can't say that about the U.S. and consequently those who carry its passports.

Living in the U.S. is a whole other story of course. Many of those people abroad who hate Americans and the U.S. (and would mistreat you based on your passport) would jump at the chance to move tot the U.S. if they could.
Your passport isn't taped to your forehead as you travel around foreign countries, it's purely a method of entry. How does anyone know your Canadian and not American once you pass through customs?

Measuring passport strength is usually done by assessing the number countries that can be entered without a visa. The most developed Asian countries rank at the top of the list (Japan, Korea, Singapore), and the U.S. is still above Canada.