View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 20, 2009, 5:32 PM
World Machine

I will also like to add that this proposal misses the boat in trying to capture what was the World Trade Center as a whole. The original was awkward yet fitting, beautiful yet brutal and dominant yet docile. Nothing will ever come close to repeating those attributes because times have changed and it’s not meant to be. It was unique in its own way and one of a kind, a true masterpiece from both spectrums. Loved it or hated it there was no arguing a sentimental value it contained to many who viewed it.

It’s time to move on yet always remember what once was yet welcome what will come to be. Stop trying to fight and uphill battle and come to the conclusion of hard reality. Take a moment to saver what you are seeing as it is one of the grandest construction sites in the world which will soon morph into some of the greatest buildings in the world.

At the same time stay in context to the fact that this is more about buildings but more importantly about what was really lost that day. You seem to forget that. Be realistic to the true loss and drop this materialistic and selfish crusade.

I don’t know what more I can really say but hope that you and others like you come to your senses. You’re cause is insulting, immature, and lost.