View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 20, 2009, 4:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinTowersForever View Post
Well let's see. He's a structural engineer and he's designed prjects that were built. He knows architecture.
...but he is STILL not a licensed architect. He did not design any projects on his own - he assisted with them. Guess what - I worked at an architecture firm (in fact, I worked at SOM and helped with the design of the current Freedom Tower). However, I'd never be stuck up enough to actually claim that I DESIGNED it. I also helped them build some models of it - but that would not make me think that somehow I am qualified to independently produce detailed site plans and then contact politicians to build them.

Quote:
But Lets ask the real question. How in the name of the lord is Libeskind, some polish guy, qualified to design the most important design in NY and America?
At least Libeskind's been to New York, unlike you. How dare you to have the nerve to be xenophobic and accuse a learned man of incompetence based on the fact that he's not from New York, when YOU have never even BEEN to New York?!

Quote:
We all do remember his first design dont we?

that is the most god awful thing on earth. the ones who picked it behind closed doors didnt care until the entire city came out saying "this is crap"

so they had to redisign it completely b/c it was deemed "impossible to build"
OK, that design was horrible indeed. But it's dead. Gone. Why even bring it up now?

And by the way, before joining our forum, you should have read the rules first. We do not allow images to be posted unless they have a source cited below:

"When posting others' photographs throughout the forum, it is every forumer's duty to properly credit the photographer and source. Improperly credited photo postings will be deleted by the moderation staff."
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/anno...hp?f=103&a=313

I deleted that photo from your post. Feel free to repost it with a source properly cited. In fact, you must do the same with the original post, but you're a new forumer and we're going easy on rules trespasses. But now you know, and please abide accordingly.