View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 11, 2017, 3:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilsenarch View Post
No, you don't agree with that. You've stated in the past, in classic NIMBY fashion, that we need more parking, not less...

anyway, the complete ignorance of urban planning and city development that you always project in your once every few year statements worrying about the horrors of congestion outside your downtown condo and your, most likely, concern over losing your views, is not only tiresome but dangerous in its misinformation spewing...
Actually, my view wouldn't be affected at all. Also, I walk everywhere in the City and the driving part is only an observation as well. Alderman Reilly, in 2014 discussed/opined that the lack of parking would force people to use public transportation. I don't see that happening. I do see more taxi activity and huge volumes of Uber traffic more than making up for the additional cars that parking would attract.

One big factor discussed the last time this proposal came up is ...where will the taxis and cars queue up? It would require a cut out (curb cut) that has not been allowed in that area. (in the past several years, condos have had their curb cut requests denied...even for handicapped access)

Now you may call that "misinformation spewing?" But these are simple facts and considerations that have nixed this project before. We'll see. The ad hominem stuff is the only tiresome thing here.