View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 8, 2018, 10:42 PM

The confusing use of addressing on East Ave. and the I-35 SRVRD along with multiple addresses being used on single East Ave. project permits led me to sort it out with the use of Travis Co. property records and old building permits.

These are the current addresses in use on East Ave along with the property owners and projects on the stretch of East Ave. from the Homewood Suites south to River St.:

78 East Ave. (formerly included 80 East Ave.) - Homewood Suites

76 East Ave. - Owned by Palak Investments and A pre-development tree assessment permit was filed in Dec. 2017 that stated that 76 East Ave. is the correct address as opposed to 76 I-35 SRVRD SB used on the filing. That confirms that the 14-story Fairfield Inn & Suites is a new project.

Here is the permit:
https://abc.austintexas.gov/web/perm...rtyrsn=1142672

Here is 76 East Ave and Fairfield site from the pre-development filing:

68-72 East Ave. - This is/was the site of the 14-story Cambria Hotel. It's owned by Austin Lodging which may also be a Perry Lorenz/Knight entity.

62 East Ave. - (includes 64 East Ave.) This was the site of the two versions of the Kimber Modern/Hotel Rainey project. The site plan for that project expired in Dec. 2017. The site is still owned by the same developer - KMDT Property.

60 East Ave. - This is on the corner of River St. and East Ave. and is owned by Perry Lorenz/Knight. As far as I can tell, no projects have been announced or permits filed for this site.

So the Fairfield Inn and Suites is one of four distinct hotel projects that have been proposed for this strip of land. I'll separate the Cambria and Fairfield thread into two threads when I get a little more time.

Things will be great when you're downtown.

Last edited by The ATX; Jul 9, 2018 at 1:52 AM.